The Arab Council of Touring and Automobile Clubs (ACTAC) formally became a sub-region of the FédérationInternationale de l'Automobile (FIA) Region I in May 2009. The goal of ACTAC is to unite the Arabic-speaking FIA clubs of the region to shape the future of motoring throughout the Arab world.
ACTAC’s major objectives are to:
- Ensure the unity of the automobile movement and safeguard its interests.
- Promote, develop and improve regional road safety, tourism, motor traffic, transportation and contribute to the improvement of the environment.
- Regulate and improve the range of services provided to motoring tourists and travellers.
- Exercise jurisdiction in disputes between member organisations.
- Assist with the establishment of new motoring clubs in the region and help them earn affiliation to the FIA.
- Promote cooperation and alliances with established motoring club members of the FIA worldwide.
- Chairman: Mohammed ben Sulayem, ATCUAE
- Secretary General: Mr. EssaHamzah, KIAC
- 1st Vice Chairman: Mr. Adel Abdel Baki
- 2nd Vice Chairman: Mr. Ahmed Abdel Malik, YCTA
- Treasurer: Mr. Riyadh Al Malik, SATA
- Road Safety andEnvironmental Campaign Development: Mr. Hani Shaban, SAC
- Member Service, Tourism and Mobility: Mr. ShehabBalloul
- ACTAC Secretariat: ATC UAE